- Aquila Bioscience has developed a ground-breaking new barrier spray making re-usable masks up to 99% effective at blocking airborne pathogens and particles. Marketing & Communications Office; Mar 11, 2021
- Irish Company Develop Technology Proven to Remove 99.99% of Coronavirus from Human Skin. Marketing & Communications Office; October 28, 2020.
- Aquila Bioscience is selected for EIC Accelerator Funding. European Commission; June 8, 2020.
ARTICLES / PRESS RELEASES
- Local medtech company develops mask spray which blocks 99 per cent of pathogens. Galway Advertiser; Mar 11, 2021.
- Green Innovator: Aquila lancia la prima salvietta anti-coronavirus 100% naturale. Enterprise Ireland, The Irish Advantage Italian Version
- Galway medtech develops mask spray to block 99% of pathogens by Lisa Ardill. Siliconrepublic; Mar 8, 2021.
- NUIG spin-out develops mask spray that blocks 99% of pathogens. Galway Bay FM; Mar 8, 2021.
- Medtech mask spray blocks 99% of pathogens
- Irish Innovation in Wipes and Masks Could Help Battle Emerging Coronavirus Crisis. NUI Galway Marketing & Communications Office; Jan 27, 2021.
- ‘Living Velcro’ used to trap viruses by Elaine O’Regan. Business Post; Feb 11, 2022.
- Innovation is key in battle against Covid-19 by Sylvia Thompson. Irish Times; May 12, 2020.
- An emerging Irish technology may be key to containing the Wuhan coronavirus. GRIPT; Feb 27, 2020.
- First consignment of Galway-manufactured wipe that can help fight SARS-CoV-2 delivered to Defence Forces. Galway Bay FM; April 14, 2020.
- Higher Education Research Activity in response to SARS-CoV-2: Higher Education Research Activity in response to SARS-CoV-2 by Maura O’Shea. HEA Newsletter; May 27, 2020.
- NOVEL DECONTAMINATION WIPE TO PREVENT SPREAD OF SARS-CoV-2. Irish Defence Forces Newsletter; April 2020.
LECTURES & PRESENTATIONS
- 07-2020-07/2022 (Ongoing), EIC Accelerator (H2020-EIC-SMEInst-2018-2020-3), COVID-19 pandemic: An innovative, safe and effective bio-decontamination technology for non-toxic removal of biological agents, including coronavirus (Grant agreement ID: 959436), EU contribution: €1,941k (Overall budget: €2,773k)
- 04/2017-04/2021 (Delivered), ITN PathSense (Pathogen Sensing), ABL cost: none/student secondments (total cost €3,385k)
- 01/2018 – 06/2018 (Delivered), Glyco-DeCon Feasibility Study (SMEInst-13-2016-2017 Phase I) to verify financial feasibility and review the Intellectual property landscape, EU H2020 SMEInst ABL cost: €71k (total cost €71k)
- 04/2015 – 04/2017 (Delivered), DCLAW: Decontamination by Carbohydrate Lectin Affinity Wipes European Defence Agency, ABL cost: €132k (total cost €248k)
- 05/2014 – 04/2017 (Delivered), NAPES: Next Generation Analytical Platforms for Environmental Sensing, EU FP7-NMP, ABL cost: €480k (total cost €4,539k)